Korean ex-player and analyst Heo “irean” Young-cheol has been signed as coach by Team Vitality, in a Twitter announcement on Tuesday.
Starting his League career in 2012, irean most notably played as AD carry for Xenics Storm, placing second in the OGN Club Masters. In 2013, he transitioned from player to analyst for Vietnamese sister teams Saigon Jokers and Saigon Fantastic Five. When Saigon Fantastic Five disbanded in 2015, irean became the coach for Saigon Jokers.
His signing comes after the team finalized their overhauled roster for the 2017 EU LCS Split. Heading into this season, Team Vitality’s starting roster is as follows:
- Lucas “Cabochard” Simon-Meslet (Top)
- Charly “Djoko” Guillard (Jungle)
- Erlend “Nukeduck” Våtevik (Mid)
- Pierre “Steeelback” Medjaldi (ADC)
- Ha “Hachani” Seung-chan (Support)
- Heo “irean” Yeong-cheol (Coach)